Every employer with employees working in the State of Illinois is required to provide all employees with annual sexual harassment prevention training that complies with Section 2-109 of the Illinois Human Rights Act (“IHRA”).
Licensed professions that are required to complete continuing education should consider this standalone training as part of their renewal process. The STEPs Sexual Harassment Course has been approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, and will be accepted as 1 hour of Sexual Harassment Prevention Training.
Make sure you are prepared for the upcoming Illinois sexual harassment training deadline and requirements – you don’t want to be fined $5,000 per incident!
Every restaurant and bar, as defined under Section 2-110 of the Illinois Human Rights Act (“IHRA”), is required to provide all employees with annual “supplemental” sexual harassment prevention training that complies with Section 2-110 of the IHRA. This is in addition to the sexual harassment prevention training required of all employers under Sections 2-109.
Our training covers the following:
- Definition of abusive conduct
- Harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Strategies to prevent harassment and abusive conduct
- Summary of relevant Federal and Illinois statutes
- Remedies for victims of harassment
- Gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation as protected characteristics